Great things are happening at Warm Heart!
There is ALWAYS so much going on here at Warm Heart! Here are a few highlights of recent activities!
- The children of both the children’s home and Ton Roong school participated in Promenada Mall’s Christmas Celebration. They decorated Warm Heart’s Christmas tree, performed on stage, enjoyed the Children’s Play Area, and watched a movie in a 360 Degree Dome. Fun time for all!
- The Warm Heart Microenterprise store is now selling two new collections! Our designer, Britta Von Wedel, visited in January to produce her third collection of crystal and bead bracelets. We also partnered with Canadian designer Anna Wilkins, who introduced Macramé to Warm Heart. Check out our new designs on the Discovered.Us Store.
- Our volunteers participated in H.M. the King’s 88th birthday Bike Race (Bike 4 Dad).
- Project Access completed home reconstruction projects for a senior woman who lives alone, and for a couple with disability access issues. With the help from many volunteers, two homes were renovated to make them safer and more comfortable. (Read Stories)
- Warm Heart received another donation of beautiful handmade quilts from our friends Marjorie and John. They have helped keep the kids warm in the unusually cold winter. They even brought extra to help us with fundraising!
- Our soccer field was completed!
- January 13 the Deputy Governor of Chiang Mai and the Deputy Governors of Agriculture and Energy attended a Biochar Demonstration with a focus on how to reduce the smoke and particulate matter in the air of Chiang Mai. The District and Sub-District leaders from Phrao also attended. As a result, the Deputy Governor requested that Warm Heart provide training in making portable, inexpensive biochar machines “TLUD’s” that can be used throughout the districts to reduce field waste and smoke. (Read More)
- January 26 and 27th Warm Heart conducted our first biochar training sessions. We had a full house of community leaders, university students, farmers and government representatives at our biochar training. We taught the basics of biochar and how our districts can put it to use! (Read More)