Last Updated on
10 Year Retrospect
We are so grateful to all of our supporters, with your help we have been able to establish the following programs over the past 10 years:
- Our Children’s Homes – we are able to provide a loving home to disadvantaged hill tribe children, and provide them an opportunity for life-changing education. Today, 43 kids live in our Children’s Homes and attend local schools. We sponsor another 35 at a local, government boarding school, have 3 kids away at vocational-technical high schools and 14 at university.
- Environmental Program – we continue to make progress with our biochar program. In 2017 we received the “Energy Globe National Award” for Thailand for our training program teaching farmers how to benefit from biochar, and we are working on educating the world on the powerful side effects of biochar, and its ability to help us Cool the Climate and reverse global warming.
- Microenterprise – Our Women’s Artisan Co-ops continue to produce beautiful products which are available for purchase at our Fashion Accessories by Warm Heart store. We have expanded our Microenterprise program to include environmental projects. Our informational video “Repurposing Styrofoam” has had over 300,000 views on YouTube.
- Project Access – Our home visits to the elderly and disabled provide dearly needed companionship for the most needy.
- Volunteers – We are so fortunate to continue to draw hardworking, dedicated volunteers to help us run our programs. Over the past 10 years we have had over 200 volunteers from around the world. We continue to receive the high honor of being rated as Top-Rated by Great Nonprofits.
- Rak Din – Our biochar sustainable social enterprise has launched and continues to grow.
Our programs are all based on the community needs in Phrao. We came, we asked, and sought out and developed solutions for the biggest problems.
We have worked with many Strategic Partners over the past 10 years, without there help we could not have achieved as much as we have. A special thanks from the bottom of our hearts to
- Kris and her team at Building Futures Thailand,
- Yoshimi Horiuchi and her Always Reading Caravan,
- Sallo Polak and his Philanthropy Connections,
- Lee Maastricht and the Wheelchair Project for helping to provide wheelchairs for those in need,
- and to our many partners at Engineers Without Borders that have worked on several projects to help the local community of Phrao.