Women’s Co-ops: We Connect Local Artisans With Global Markets
Our microenterprise program helps create jobs for local women by tapping their traditional skills as spinners, weavers and seamstresses.
We provide women’s co-ops with modern designs to help them compete in global markets at first world prices.
- Identify promising products
- Suggest design, production and packaging improvements
- Create products that stand out among similar products in Chiang Mai markets, online and overseas
The result is a steady increase in sales and profits, and a sustainable income stream for women.
Watch our Microenterprise Video
Microenterprise Impact- Building a Brighter Future
The fashion business is tough with stiff competition from products made with cheaper labor and materials. Nevertheless, Warm Heart is committed to helping local women by:
- Always paying Fair Trade rates
- Helping our co-ops identify and produce attractive items that sell well to increase economies of scale and efficiency
- Developing a suitable customer base, both local and international, to ensure consistent and growing orders
- Honoring our commitments with both our producers and our customers to build long-term, mutually beneficial strategic partnerships
- Giving our producers the autonomy to work near their homes while juggling their responsibilities in the fields and with their families
Phrao women want to work and possess the skills to produce beautiful products, but know nothing about style trends and the global market.
Warm Heart Fashion Accessories connects existing co-ops with outside organizations for help. Our experts work with co-ops to improve design and marketing materials, and we sell Phrao artisans’ products around the world.
The women of Phrao learn technical skills easily, but currently lack the funding to finance production or the experience to deal with the myriad of production problems related to successfully competing in the fashion world today.
How to cut costs with better sourcing? Design better packaging? Find richer markets? Get pricing advice?
Warm Heart Fashion Accessories takes on all aspects of the challenge confronting Phrao sewing and weaving co-ops and de-risks their efforts to grow.
We identify promising products, suggest design, production and packaging improvements, and take the best products to market in Chiang Mai, online and overseas.
Sponsor a New Design
Success of our microenterprise project comes from professional fashion designers from around the world who donate their time and talent to create new designs for our co-op members. They visit us, design primarily with local materials, and work with our local artisan women. US $500 can create a new fashion line! Learn more
We are dedicated to finding better ways for people to earn a living wage.
I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples. ~ Mother Teresa