Caring for a Community
In Phrao four doctors serve 54,000 people.
Seventeen clinics provide bandages, prescriptions and occasional stitches during normal business hours, five days per a week.
The elderly and disabled are left home while the rest of the family works.
To address these issues Warm Heart has started systematically surveying individuals in each sub-district to identify what pains them, what they need, and what could make their lives easier.
Based on this data, we operate a wide and changing variety of public health projects- eye testing and eyeglasses for schoolchildren, first aid trainings, direct nursing support in local clinics, and mobile visits to the elderly and people with disabilities.
Warm Heart seeks an organized and flexible Public Health Manager to coordinate the day-to-day operations and planning of it Public Health Program.
● Work with management to develop a long-term public health regime for the Phrao district.
● Design and implement a tracking and metric system to measure program effectiveness.
● Ensure that all public health volunteers have the resources and materials to do their jobs well.
● Assist with day-to-day activities within the Public Health Program, including community surveys, mobile visits, data entry, etc., as needed.
● Assist with other projects, as assigned (e.g. all volunteers are required to teach English for 2 hours of each week.)
● Passion for public health and community development.
● Willingness to undertake a range of duties, from analyzing data to visiting villagers.
● Previous experience in the health sector (i.e. nursing, emergency care, working with the elderly or disabled, etc.) a plus.
● Basic knowledge of epidemiology a plus.
● Conversationally fluent in English.