A Focus on Healing
Phrao has very little medical assistance with only 4 doctors to serve a population of 54,000. The elderly and disabled are often ignored and left without attention to their special needs.
We are working on incorporating a therapeutic mobile visit aspect to our Project Access program to relieve these individuals and to help them regain their strength and confidence.
Warm Heart seeks an innovative and caring Occupational/Physical Therapist or Nurse to provide mobile home visits to the elderly and persons with disabilities in our community.
● Utilize professional judgment and clinical knowledge to evaluate individual’s abilities through functional and standardized assessments, skilled observation, and interviews.
● Develop individualized plans for patients to help them function as independently as possible. These may include therapeutic and strengthening exercises, functional training, manual therapy techniques, and problem-solving, memory and coordination games.
● Communicate (through translators) with individuals’ families to instruct them as to how to better support, expedite, and assess therapy progress.
● Maintain clinical and administrative records to provide detailed reports on individuals, their disabilities, and their therapeutic needs.
● Assist with other projects, as assigned (e.g. all volunteers are required to teach English for 2 hours of each week.)
● Innovative and well-versed in therapeutic techniques in order to provide assistance to an isolated community with limited resources.
● Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Occupational/Physical Therapy or Nursing.
● Organized and self-supporting.
● Conversationally fluent in English.