English Teachers Needed!
In 2015, the ASEAN Union will put Thailand in competition with our better-educated neighbors. English is ASEAN’s lingua franca and it is essential that residents of our community are at least conversationally fluent.
Warm Heart has partnered with local organizations and district officials to provide the best supplemental English education we can.
This includes teaching in the local public schools, the Informal (Adult) Education program, our own Children’s Home and informally throughout the community.
Programs depend on community needs and volunteer availability, but the paramount importance of this initiative has led us to require at least two hours of teaching per a week from each our volunteers.
Warm Heart seeks a fun-loving and versatile English Teacher to teach English throughout our community to students of all ages and skill levels and to track student progress.
● Responsible for teaching 5-hours per a day, 5 days per a week, including some weekends (this includes 6 hours per a week of English instruction at our Children’s Home).
● Develop a curriculum for each classroom and create daily lesson plans based on existing documentation and materials.
● Create a range of learning materials including worksheets, games, etc.
● Organize and present educational day camps for both Warm Heart children our community during school breaks.
● Systematically track students’ progress throughout your stay.
● Assist with other projects, as assigned.
● Excellent understanding of English language and grammar.
● High-level written and verbal communication skills.
● Flexibility and patience to motivate students with a range of skill levels.
● Creativity in learning methodologies (making worksheets, crafts, games, etc.).
● Ability to think creatively and function in a diverse workplace.