Warm Heart celebrated our 10th Anniversary on July 4th, 2018 with a big party at The Edge. We had great live music from local bands Jen Yai, Backstabbers, and Odd Gods. Pern’s Restaurant cooked up a tasty BBQ, and scrumptious vegan food was available from Free Bird Cafe. Chiang Mai Beer donated a keg to our party too! Our raffle prizes were incredible, and our fireworks were spectacular!
All in all we had a great evening (despite the torrential downpour shortly before the evening began!) We raised 40,000 baht at our 10th Anniversary party to head into the new year.
We are so grateful to all of our supporters, with your help we have been able to establish the following programs over the past 10 years:
- Our Children’s Homes – we are able to provide a loving home to disadvantaged hill tribe children, and provide them an opportunity for life-changing education
- Environmental Program – our Stop the Smoke campaign is growing and spreading
- Project Access – Our home visits to the elderly and disabled provide dearly needed companionship for the most needy
- Volunteers – We are so fortunate to continue to draw hardworking, dedicated volunteers to help us run our programs
- Rak Din – Our biochar sustainable social enterprise has launched and continues to grow
Our programs are all based on the community needs in Phrao. We came, we asked, and sought out and developed solutions for the biggest problems.
We have worked with many Strategic Partners over the past 10 years, without there help we could not have achieved as much as we have. A special thanks from the bottom of our hearts to
- Kris and her team at Building Futures Thailand,
- Yoshimi Horiuchi and her Always Reading Caravan,
- Sallo Polak and his Philanthropy Connections,
- Lee Maastricht and the Wheelchair Project for helping to provide wheelchairs for those in need,
- and to our many partners at Engineers Without Borders that have worked on several projects to help the local community of Phrao.
Thank you everyone who came to help us celebrate. Here’s to another 10 years!